This error message appears if the source file for one or more images cannot be found on your computer. The error message is displayed for each missing photo. In this case, we advise you to click on “ Ok ” or press the Enter key until the error message disappears.
After the error messages are no longer displayed, the photo book will open. Please check the pages mentioned in the error messages and replace the photos that caused the error message with new photos.
If you open your photo book and all the photos are missing, it means that the creator software can no longer locate the photos you are using. When you load a photo into your photo book, the software creates a copy of each photo in the following folder: " Documents " ▸ "bonusprint photo books" ▸ < name of your photo book> . Please check in this folder whether the photos have been saved there. They should all be saved under the names “_1”, “_2”, “_3”, “_4” etc.
If the photos are no longer in this folder, the error message appears when the photo book is opened.
How can I search for these files on my computer?
It is possible that the photos were saved in a different location. This means that our software can no longer find them. You can check whether the photos are still on your computer by doing the following:
1. Click on “ Start ” and then on “ Search ”.
2. Enter “_1” in the search field and start the search.
3. If you have created several photo books, you will likely see several photos with the name _1. In this case, choose the right photo. Then right-click on this photo and select “ Open file path ”. You will now be shown the location of this photo.
4. Copy all photos that are in this folder and paste them under " Documents " ▸ " bonusprint photo books " ▸ < “name of your photo book >. You should then be able to open your photo book with all the photos again and no longer receive an error message.
If you can no longer find the photos using the search function on your computer, you will have to manually paste the original photos back into your photo book.
Arbeitest du nicht auf einem Windows? Dann kannst du die gleichen Anweisungen für Mac unten finden:
- Download design software (Mac)